Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

Comments and Complaints

Comments and Complaints

Making a complaint

At Clackmannanshire Council we aim to provide you with the best service we possibly can. If however we make a mistake, please tell us straightaway and give us the chance to put it right.

How to complain

If you want to make a complaint, it's best to talk to a member of staff first, either by phone, at any council office, in writing, email or online. It is usually easier for us to resolve complaints if you make them quickly and directly to the service concerned. Staff will try and resolve problems on the spot.

You can complain to Clackmannanshire Council by any the following means:

What happens next ?

Our complaints procedure has two stages:

Stage 1 - Frontline Resolution

We will try and resolve complaints quickly and at the point of service. This could mean an on-the-spot apology or explanation if something has clearly gone wrong. We will resolve the majority of complaints within 5 working days, unless there are exceptional circumstances.

Stage 2 - Investigation

If the matter cannot be resolved at stage 1 or is quite complex, we will carry out an investigation and respond to you within 20 working days. If our investigation will take longer than 20 working days, we will tell you.

Schools Complaints

Complaints about school issues follow the same 2 stage process. A supplementary leaflet entitled Making a Complaint - A Guide for Parents and Guardians provides further information.

If you are considering making a referral (complaint) to the GTCS about a teacher, please note that this has to go through the Council's complaints process first. If you would like to talk to someone about this, email or phone (01259) 450000.

Social Services Complaints

Complaints about Social Services issues follow the same 2 stage process. Please refer to our Social Services Complaints web page for additional information.

Complaints about Councillors

A complaint that a councillor has breached the Councillors’ Code of Conduct should be made to the Ethical Standards Commissioner.

What if I'm still dissatisfied ?

If you are still unhappy after receiving our final response, you can ask the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman to look at your complaint.